Occupational health and industrial safety
The policy in the area of occupational health, safety and social responsibility is the basis for strategic planning and management of the company’s activities, setting and achieving goals.
As part of achieving the sustainable development goals and ESG principles, Zarubezhneft is aware of its responsibility for the environment, preserving the life, health and well-being of people and assumes the following obligations:
- strive for the «goal — zero», prevent injuries and deterioration of people’s health, environmental pollution;
- use the natural resources, materials and energy rationally;
- respect the interests and rights of the population in the regions of its presence;
- comply with the norms of Russian and international legislation, fulfill the obligations to local communities, state authorities, foreign and Russian business partners and other stakeholders;
- continuously improve its health, safety and environmental management system.
- The corporate center and subsidiaries of the Group of Companies have certificates of compliance with ISO 45001 international standards.
To develop a culture of safe production, the company successfully operates the School of Safety Culture, within which employees are trained in the field of industrial safety by internal trainers in accordance with the matrix of corporate training programs.
Since 2018, the company has been implementing the Vision Zero concept, a program to achieve a zero injury rate, an international concept that combines the principles of creating safe and favorable working conditions. By joining Vision Zero, Zarubezhneft demonstrates transparency in the field of industrial safety. The status of an official member of the Vision Zero International Council allows the company to get access to the best world practices for the implementation of the concept.
Since 2020, the company has been implementing a pilot project to use the implementation quality assessment tool Vision Zero 5Z Culture, developed by the International Foundation for Occupational Risk Prevention (FiORP).
5Z Culture contributes to raising employee awareness, improving the culture of safe behavior and responsibility in the company, provides a methodology for assessment and benchmarking in five areas:
- accident prevention at work;
- protection of physical and mental health;
- minimization of negative impact on the environment, rational use of resources;
- equal working conditions, promotion of equity;
- staff awareness, talent and career development.
Zarubezhneft is the first company in Russia to implement 5Z CULTURE in subsidiaries both in Russia and abroad.
In 2022, JC RUSVIETPETRO, ZARUBEZHNEFT-dobycha Kharyaga, RMNTK Nefteotdacha, Arktikmorneftegazrazvedka, VNIIneft and the Vietnamese asset Zarubezhneft EP Vietnam B.V. based on the results of independent certification audits have confirmed compliance with the high requirements in the area of safety, health and well-being in the workplace, set by the International Foundation for the Occupational Risks Prevention (FiORP) and received 5Z Seal certificates.